UNEP-CCC is a leading international advisory institution on energy, climate and sustainable development. Its work focuses on assisting developing countries and emerging economies to transition towards more low-carbon development paths and supports the integration of climate resilience in national development. UNEP-CCC is actively engaged in implementing UN Environment’s Climate Change Strategy and Energy Programme by delivering technical assistance and analytical work to emerging markets and developing countries in context of the Paris Agreement and Sustainable Development Goals.
The main responsibility of the candidate will be to provide science-based advice on the assessment of needs and implementation of climate transparency systems primarily at a national level with global and sub-national elements. The successful candidate is expected to work on a varied portfolio of activities, including project management and coordination, partnership development, data generation, quantitative and qualitative analysis, as well as contributing to fundraising, and proposal development in collaboration with other staff as well as other relevant colleagues across UNEP.
Specific areas of work for the Climate Transparency Officer will include:
- Contribute to the work and strategic discussion of the MA&DM Section by providing scientific advice and technical inputs to the climate transparency and accountability area.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the strategy of the UNEP-CCC in particular in the area of climate transparency and accountability.
- Support the provision of guidance and technical advice on the design and establishment of Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification frameworks for mitigation under UNEP-CCC projects to support the implementation of the Enhanced Transparency Framework of the Paris Agreement, ensuring coordination across relevant sections and with UNEP relevant units.
- Ensure the development of knowledge products for Monitoring, Reporting, and Verification frameworks for mitigation under the Enhanced Transparency Framework, ensuring coordination among projects and with other activities in the strategy area of climate transparency.
- Contribute to the organization, development, and delivery of workshops, training, e-learning, webinars, and other events, including agendas, presentations, and learning material organized by UNEP-CCC under climate transparency-related projects.
- Coordinate the development and maintenance of an online knowledge-sharing platform, generating and updating content including activities, project progress, and results to facilitate coordination and information sharing among users.
The process will be based on performance evaluation including the following:
- Successful completion of project management tasks that will be assigned to the staff, including timely submission of corresponding deliverables, in particular under the UNEP-CCC’s transparency-related projects and initiatives.
- Successful and timely maintenance of the online knowledge-sharing platform, the CBIT-GSP Platform
- Level of contribution to the strategic discussions as part of the MA&DM section
Application deadline: 01/02/2023Apply here Read more