UNEP-CCC is a leading international advisory organization on energy, climate, and sustainable development. Its work focuses on assisting developing countries and emerging economies in transitioning towards low-carbon, climate resilient development pathways and supports the integration of climate action into national development. UNEP-CCC is actively engaged in implementing UNEP’s Climate Change Strategy and Energy Programme by delivering technical assistance and policy advice to developing countries and emerging markets in the context of the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals.
Reporting to the head of the impact assessment and adaptation analysis section and working in close collaboration with the senior advisor – loss and damage, as well as, where relevant, other project managers, the main responsibility of the successful candidate will be to contribute to and support the provision of science-based advice in the context of loss and damage and adaptation. Depending on the successful candidate’s previous work experience and academic background, contributions to other areas of UNEP-CCC’s portfolio of work will also be relevant. The successful candidate is expected to contribute to and support a range of activities, including project management and coordination, capacity building, data generation, and quantitative and qualitative analysis. Support to fundraising and proposal development in collaboration with other staff will also be required.
Specific areas of work for the Project Officer will include:
- Support and contribute to the work on loss and damage, climate risks and impacts, vulnerability, resilience, and adaptation.
- Carry out project administration tasks of the Danida project in close collaboration with the relevant project manager as well as, where relevant, other projects.
- Carry out substantive and financial reporting under the supervision of the supervisor, the senior advisor – loss and damage, and other project managers where relevant.
- Contribute to the development of knowledge and capacity building products for loss and damage, adaptation, vulnerability, resilience, transparency, climate risks and impacts, etc.
- Contribute to the work and strategic discussion of the IAAA section in the context of loss and damage, adaptation, vulnerability, resilience, transparency, climate risks and impacts, etc.
- Contribute to the implementation of UNEP-CCC’s and UNEP’s strategies, in particular in the area of climate impacts, loss and damage, and adaptation.
- Support the organization, development, and delivery of workshops, training, webinars, and other events, including logistics, preparation of agendas, presentations, and learning materials.
- Other tasks as designated by the section head.
Click the botton below to see the full ToR
Application deadline: 24/09/2023Apply here Read more